Songs & Stories

The Miser and the Gold

ETOZ 0 1,395
☞ 구독하러 가기(클릭)

The Miser and the Gold

A miser lived in a town. He was always worrying about his wealth. One day, he hit upon an idea. "I know, let's exchange all the money I have for gold, and bury it deep on the side of the mountain."  He enjoyed looking at his gold in the ground once a day. His servant wondered why the miser always climbed up the mountain. So, he followed his master. The servant saw the place where the miser had buried the gold. After the miser went down the mountain, the servant dug in the ground and took the gold. "What good luck!" He ran away with the miser's gold. The next day, the miser went up the mountain to look at his gold and saw that it had been stolen. He dropped down on the ground. While he was crying, a mountain god appeared. The god said, “Stop crying, you just used your gold to look at it, so I guess that it was just like stones for you. Now, why don't you just find some stones and pretend they are gold?"

구두쇠와 금덩어리

어느 마을에 한 구두쇠가 살고 있었어요. 구두쇠 영감은 늘 재산 때문에 고민을 했어요. 그러던 어느 날 구두쇠 영감은 한 아이디어를 생각해냈어요. “그래, 이 모든 돈을 금덩어리로 바꿔서 땅에 깊숙이 묻어두자!” 그리고는 하루에 한 번씩 산에 가서 남몰래 금덩어리를 꺼내보며 그 일을 큰 즐거움으로 삼았어요. 그러던 어느 날 매일 이유 없이 산에 오르는 구두쇠를 이상하게 생각하던 한 하인이 산에 올라가는 구두쇠를 몰래 따라갔어요. 하인은 구두쇠가 금덩어리를 묻어둔 곳을 보게 되었고 구두쇠가 산을 내려갈 때까지 기다렸다가 얼른 땅에 있던 금덩어리를 꺼냈어요. “이게 웬 횡재냐?” 그 길로 하인은 금덩어리를 가지고 멀리 도망쳐버렸어요. 다음 날 구두쇠는 평소처럼 산을 올라 금덩어리가 있는 곳으로 갔어요. 그런데 땅을 아무리 파헤쳐도 금덩어리가 보이질 않는 것이었어요. 구두쇠는 땅에 털썩 주저앉고 말았어요. 그는 울기 시작했고 그러자 갑자기 산신령이 나타났어요. 그리고는 구두쇠에게 이렇게 말했죠. “이봐요, 이제 그만 우시오. 어차피 당신에게 그 금덩어리는 다른 곳에 쓸 데가 없었으니 돌덩이와 다름이 없었소. 자, 금덩어리와 비슷한 크기의 돌을 찾아 땅에 묻어두고 금덩어리라 생각을 하시오. 그것만이 위로가 될 뿐이오.” ​ 

• 페이스북으로 보내기
  • 트위터로 보내기
  • 구글플러스로 보내기
  • 카카오스토리로 보내기
  • 네이버밴드로 보내기

Comments

The Travellers and the Bear Kids Story

Hot
916 hits

The Thief and His Mother Kids Story

Hot
1,387 hits