English Story

The Dissatisfied Turtle

ETOZ 0 1,284
☞ 구독하러 가기(클릭)

The Dissatisfied Turtle

A turtle lived in the sea. He was never satisfied with his life and was always daydreaming. One day, he saw a bird flying in the sky. "Oh, I wish I were a bird,” he said. “Maybe if I asked a big eagle, he would help me to fly..." So, the turtle went to see an eagle. "Please, help me fly." "Well, it's no big deal for me, but I think it's probably a bit dangerous for you, but if you insist, I'll do it." The eagle gave the turtle a ride and helped him fly. The turtle was so excited, he felt like he had everything. Being so excited, he asked the eagle to fly even higher. "Please fly higher and higher." The eagle said nothing. "Do you fly this high every day?" Again, the eagle said nothing. "Am I heavy?" "Yes, you are," the eagle said, and let the turtle go and fall to the ground. 

허영심 많은 거북이 

바다 속에 허영심 많은 거북이가 살고 있었어요. 이 거북이는 항상 자신의 처지에 만족하지 못하고 엉뚱한 상상을 하고 살았죠. 그러던 어느 날 하늘을 자유롭게 날아가는 새를 바라보며 이런 생각을 했어요. “아~나도 저 새처럼 자유롭게 하늘을 날 수 있다면.” “오호라, 그래. 큰 독수리를 찾아가 나를 데리고 하늘을 한번만 날아달라고 부탁을 해봐야겠다.” 바로 거북이는 독수리를 찾아갔어요. “부탁이에요. 저를 한 번만 날게 해주세요.” 독수리는 대답했어요. “글쎄, 어려운 일은 아니지만 너에게 위험할 것 같은데... 하지만, 네가 정 원한다면 그렇게 해주지.” 독수리는 곧바로 거북이를 입에 물고 하늘로 날아올랐어요. 거북이는 세상을 얻은 것처럼 신이 났죠. 그러다가 거북이는 독수리에게 부탁하기 시작했어요. “독수리님! 더 높이 날아주세요.” “......” “독수리님은 매일 이렇게 높이 날아오르시나요?” “......” “독수리님, 무거우시죠?” “그래.” 독수리가 대답하자마자 거북이는 땅으로 떨어지고 말았어요.​ 

• 페이스북으로 보내기
  • 트위터로 보내기
  • 구글플러스로 보내기
  • 카카오스토리로 보내기
  • 네이버밴드로 보내기

Comments

The Bear and the Fox Kids Story

Hot
1,132 hits

The Fox and the Hedgehog Kids Story

Hot
1,106 hits