English Story

The Fox and the Crow

ETOZ 0 1,178
☞ 구독하러 가기(클릭)

The Fox and the Crow

A fox went in search of food, but couldn't find any. He sighed and looked at the sky. "I am starving." Just then, the fox saw a crow about to have a meal. The crow was holding some meat in his mouth. The fox thought, "Aha, I'll take that meat." The fox approached the crow. "Hey, crow. You look good today." The crow couldn't say anything because his mouth was full. The fox kept talking. "Hey! You are pretty cute, and I’ll bet you have a nice voice, too."  The crow felt happy and excited. So, he forgot the meat in his mouth and said, "Yes, sure, I do," and dropped the meat. "Oh, good! I got it." The fox quickly snapped up the meat. "Thanks to your stupidity, I can have this meat."

여우와 까마귀

어느 날 배고픈 여우가 먹을 것을 찾아 이리저리 헤매고 있었어요. 하지만 여우는 쉽사리 먹을 것도 사냥감도 찾을 수가 없었어요. 여우는 하늘을 바라보며 탄식을 했어요. “아, 배고파.” 그때 마침 나무위에서 식사를 막 시작하려는 까마귀를 보았어요. 까마귀는 어디선가 구해 온 고깃덩어리를 입에 물고 있었죠. 여우는 생각을 했어요. “좋아. 저 고기를 뺏자.”

여우는 까마귀에게로 다가갔어요. “까마귀야. 너 오늘 무척 멋져 보이는구나.” 까마귀는 입에 고기를 물고 있어서 대답할 수가 없었어요. 여우는 계속 말을 걸었어요. “이봐, 너 정말 멋지구나. 물론 네 목소리도 멋지겠지?” 까마귀는 기분이 좋아졌어요. 그래서 자신이 고깃덩어리를 입에 물고 있다는 사실을 잊은 채 대답했어요. “물론이지!” 그러자 까마귀의 입에 물려있던 고기는 곧바로 땅으로 떨어졌어요. “좋았어! 야호!” (여우) 여우는 얼른 고깃덩어리를 감싸 안았어요. “까마귀야, 고맙다. 네 어리석음 덕분에 내가 맛있는 고기를 먹을 수 있게 되었으니 말이야.” ​ 

• 페이스북으로 보내기
  • 트위터로 보내기
  • 구글플러스로 보내기
  • 카카오스토리로 보내기
  • 네이버밴드로 보내기

Comments

The Hunter and the Quail Kids Story

Hot
1,030 hits

The Mother and Baby Mole Kids Story

Hot
1,090 hits